Soccer says farewell to six seniors before Sunday’s afternoon game
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Tech women’s soccer team will celebrate their seniors all weekend, with festivities commencing on Sunday with Senior Day recognition just prior to the start of their final home match against Austin Peay.
Six accomplished young women comprise this year’s senior class:
- Taren Brown, a nursing major out of Hendersonville and two time member of both the OVC Commissioner’s Honor Roll and post-season all-OVC teams
- Michelle Decker, an exercise science major from Canada and twice honored on the Athletic Director’s Honor Roll
- Jen Hoffman, an exercise science major from Hedgesville and the 2009 OVC Player of the Year
- Kathryn Lally, a business major hailing from Ellicott City, Md., and an Academic All-American
- Brooke Mayo, an exercise science major out of Garland, Tx., and two-time winner of the President’s Award
- Ashley Smith, a communications major from Shelbyville and 2008 second-team All-OVC.
The team will have its annual Senior Picnic on Saturday, where the team, coaches, and support staff will gather to enjoy lunch and honor the seniors as they’re in the midst of their final home weekend of play.
On Sunday, TTU Director of Athletics Mark Wilson and first year-head coach Daniel Brizard will publicly recognize the seniors as they walk across the field with their families.
Kick-off is scheduled for 2 p.m., with Senior Day recognition finishing just before pre-game announcements and the national anthem.