Stallings Dinner sold out; Guests to bid on exciting items
Oct 12, 2011
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. -- A variety of items, including rounds of golf, lessons, and autographed equipment and photographs will be up for auction Friday when the Tennessee Tech University golf programs host a special dinner in recognition of former Golden Eagle All-American and PGA Tour champion Scott Stallings.
Stallings will speak to a sold out crowd at the Leslie Town Centre on a night when new TTU head coach Polk Brown and his players welcome more than 300 guests to the fund raising event. The night is presented by Danny and Karen Brooks of Southern Insurance Group, and by Steve and Vickie Copeland of Cumberland Insurance Agency.
The event will give fans and supporters a chance to catch up with the Greenbrier Classic champion and rising professional star.
"This is an exciting opportunity to be able to bring Scott back to Cookeville," said Brown, who was a teammate of Stallings under coach Bobby Nichols. "His success on the Tour has brought increased notoriety to our program and he is looking forward to being able to give back to Tennessee Tech golf."
Stallings played at Tech from 2003-07 and was a two-time Ohio Valley Conference Player of the Year as well as a Division I All-American. He turned pro in June 2007 and spent 2009 on the Nationwide Tour, where he earned three Top 10 finishes.
The Oak Ridge, Tenn., native earned his PGA Tour card in 2011 and won his first tournament on July 31 in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va. Stallings made a birdie on the final hole at the Greenbrier Classic to qualify for a three-way playoff, where he birdied the first extra hole to secure the victory.
Guests will have time to submit "silent" written bids on the items in the auction throughout the evening, with the lucky bidders announced toward the end of the program. Items in the auction include:
(1) Round of golf for 4 people with cart at any Farifield Glade Course
(4) 18 hole rounds of golf with cart at Sevierville Golf Club
(2) 1 month gift certificates for full priveleges at Fairways and Greens
AND (2) 1 hour lessons (1 person) with Randy Wylie at Fairways and Greens
OR (1) 90 minute lesson (2 people) with Randy Wylie at Fairways and Greens
(4) 18 Hole rounds of golf with cart at Cookeville Golf Club
(4) 18 hole rounds of golf with cart at Oak Ridge Country Club
(Home course of Scott Stallings)
(1) Lesson with Scott Stallings's swing instructor Brad Rose
(1) 18 hole round of golf for four (4) people at Fox Den Country Club
(Home course of the Nationwide Knoxville News Sentinel Open)
(4) Rounds of golf with cart at Holston Hills Country Club
(Yearly Ranked in Top 100 Classical Golf Courses by Golf Digest)
(1) 1 year single membership to Ironwood Golf Course
(1) PING Staff bag signed by players at PGA Championship with Tech logo
(1) PGA Championship Flag signed by players at the event
(1) Titleist Staff Bag signed by Scott Stallings
(1) Launch monitor fitting from Gregg Wyatt at Golf Capital Learning Center
(2) TTU Golf Flags signed by Scott Stallings
(2) Dozen Golf balls signed by Scott Stallings
(1) Personally Autographed photo with highest bidder and Scott
(2) Titleist Hats signed by Scott Stallings
(1) Photo of Scott Stallings and coach Bobby Nichols, autographed by Scott
The evening will feature a comprehensive video representing many of the men and women who have played golf at Tennessee Tech (see below -- how many of these playes and coaches do you recognize?), plus a highlight video about Stallings and his Greenbrier victory.