By Layne Weitzel, TTU Sports Information
NEW ORLEANS – Entering its final weekend of outdoor regular-season competition, Tennessee Tech track & field has shot up to a No. 14 ranking in the USTFCCCA South Region, as announced by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association on Monday.
Tech made the jump from last week's No. 20 spot and sits at 132nd nationally.
The Golden Eagles are currently the lone Ohio Valley Conference program with a top-15 regional ranking. The next closest conference team is Eastern Illinois, who is ranked 22nd in the Midwest.
Tech now leads the conference in eight events following this past weekend at both the Virginia Challenge and Georgia Tech Invitational, including seven of the 12 track events. A Golden Eagle ranks within the top five marks in 13 events:
- 100m (3. Lisa Wickham, 11.76; 4. Na'Asha Robinson, 12.02; 5. Ceirra Tate, 12.04)
- 200m (1. Na'Asha Robinson, 23.43; 5. Khemani Roberts, 24.36)
- 400m (1. Na'Asha Robinson, 53.04; 2. D'Airrien Jackson, 53.90)
- 800m (1. Micayla Rennick, 2:09.37)
- 1500m (1. Micayla Rennick, 4:20.92; 5. Purity Sanga, 4:37.93)
- 5000m (1. Micayla Rennick, 16:30.27; 5. Purity Sanga, 17:18.06)
- 10,000m (1. Micayla Rennick, 34:25.22; 3. Purity Sanga, 35:11.23)
- 4x100m relay (2. Ceirra Tate/Lisa Wickham/D'Airrien Jackson/Na'Asha Robinson, 46.04)
- 4x400m relay (1. Na'Asha Robinson/D'Airrien Jackson/Khemani Roberts/Ceirra Tate, 3:38.03)
- High jump (2. Khemani Roberts, 1.77m/5'9.75")
- Long jump (5. Khemani Roberts, 5.88m/19'3.5")
- Triple jump (5. Raven Smith, 12.14m/39'10")
- Heptathlon (1. Khemani Roberts, 5,353 points; 4. Eshe Robinson, 3,832 points)
Tech ends the outdoor regular season this Friday and Saturday at the Lenny Lyles / Clark Wood Invitational in Louisville, Kentucky.