By Layne Weitzel, TTU Sports Information
NEW ORLEANS – After its weekend at the Hilltopper Relays in Kentucky, Tennessee Tech track & field has jumped up three spots in the USTFCCCA regional rankings. The Golden Eagles now stand at No. 19 in the South Region, as announced by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association on Monday.
Tech was previously ranked 22nd during Week 1 of the outdoor season and remains at 84th nationally.
The Golden Eagles now stand alone as the highest regionally ranked team in the Ohio Valley Conference. Tech was tied as the third-highest ranked OVC team last week.
Tech added two more conference-leading times at the Hilltopper Relays on Friday to bring its total to seven in the outdoor season. A Golden Eagle ranks within the top five marks in 10 events:
- 100m (1. Lisa Wickham, 11.88; 3. Na'Asha Robinson, 12.02; 4. Ceirra Tate, 12.04; 5. D'Airrien Jackson, 12.05)
- 200m (1. Na'Asha Robinson, 24.00; 5. D'Airrien Jackson, 24.50)
- 400m (1. D'Airrien Jackson, 53.90; 5. Khemani Roberts, 56.68)
- 800m (1. Micayla Rennick, 2:09.37)
- 1500m (1. Micayla Rennick, 4:20.92; 5. Purity Sanga, 4:37.93)
- 5000m (1. Micayla Rennick, 16:30.27; 4. Purity Sanga, 17:18.06)
- 4x100m relay (2. Ceirra Tate/D'Airrien Jackson/Lisa Wickham/Na'Asha Robinson, 46.26)
- 4x400m relay (1. Na'Asha Robinson/D'Airrien Jackson/Khemani Roberts/Ceirra Tate, 3:38.03)
- High jump (4. Na'Scottisha Drummond, 1.65m/5'5"; 4. Khemani Roberts, 1.65m/5'5")
- Triple jump (4. Raven Smith, 12.14m/39'10")