By Layne Weitzel, TTU Sports Information
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee Tech volleyball wraps up its latest home stand with back-to-back matches against Austin Peay and Murray State this weekend in the Hooper Eblen Center.
First serve against Austin Peay is set for Friday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m. CT, while the Murray State match will kick off Saturday, Oct. 14 at 4 p.m. CT. Admission is free to all home Tech volleyball matches.
Historically, Tech leads Austin Peay in its all-time series 49-30 and trails Murray State 26-34. The Golden Eagles met both teams one time each last season but lost 3-0 in both matches.
- 2016 overall record: 24-11
- 2016 OVC record: 12-4 (fell to No. 2 seed SIUE 3-1 in the OVC Tournament semifinals)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 2nd/12 teams
- Notables: The Governors had recorded 11-straight wins until a 3-1 loss to Eastern Kentucky last Saturday broke the streak… APSU leads the conference in assists, averaging 13.18 per match (headlined by reigning OVC Setter of the Week, Kristen Stucker) and kills with 14.01 per match… Austin Peay ranks 65th in the latest NCAA RPI release, which leads all OVC teams.
- 2016 overall record: 23-9
- 2016 OVC record: 15-1 (defeated No. 2 seed SIUE 3-2 in the OVC Tournament championship)
- Predicted 2017 OVC finish: 4th/12 teams
- Notables: Sophomore outside hitter Rachel Giustino leads the OVC with 4.45 kills per set and 5.07 points per set… As a team, Murray State is tops in the conference in service aces, averaging 1.82 per set and totaling 118... Giustino and teammate Alex Kaufmann share the team lead with 25 aces each.