CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Senior Syrym Abdukhalikov earned a victory at the No. 1 singles position, but it was the lone point of the day for Tennessee Tech as the Golden Eagles lost to Charlotte, 6-1, Saturday afternoon.
Charlotte took the doubles point with a pair of wins at No. 1 and No. 3. In the middle, Artem Tarasov and Vasily Eremeev claimed an 8-4 victory at the No. 2 spot from Alex Calott and J. Massalle Ferrer.
In singles action, Abdukhalikov improved to 3-0 this spring by outlasting Jack Williams, 6-7, 6-4, 10-6 at the top spot. The 49ers, who improved to 3-3, claimed straight set wins in the other five singles matches.
Tech, 0-5, will play at Winthrop Sunday afternoon.
Tennessee Tech vs Charlotte
Jan 26, 2013 at Charlotte, N.C.
(Halton-Wagner Tennis Complex)
Charlotte 6, Tennessee Tech 1
1. Syrym Abdukhalikov (TTU) def. Jack Williams (CHA) 6-7, 6-4, 10-6
2. Forrest Edwards (CHA) def. Alejandro Augusto (TTU) 6-3, 6-2
3. Alex Calott (CHA) def. Artem Tarasov (TTU) 6-2, 6-0
4. J. Massallé Ferrer (CHA) def. Vasily Eremeev (TTU) 6-1, 6-2
5. Kamil Khalil (CHA) def. Alvaro Cintas (TTU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Paul Cisti (CHA) def. Othon Lima (TTU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Jack Williams/Forrest Edwards (CHA) def. Syrym Abdukhalikov/Alejandro Augusto (TTU) 8-7
2. Artem Tarasov/Vasily Eremeev (TTU) def. Alex Calott/J. Massallé Ferrer (CHA) 8-4
3. Kamil Khalil/Krysztof Kwasniewicz (CHA) def. Alvaro Cintas/Pavel Perovic (TTU) 8-1
Tennessee Tech 0-5