Annual membership is just $25 and includes many
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – Young basketball fans are invited to join a brand new, official kids club to follow Tennessee Tech Basketball in 2010-11. The TTU Athletics Department has formed The Hoop Troop, a youth group for young fans ages 3 through 18, to cheer for the Golden Eagle men’s and women’s teams as they bid for Ohio Valley Conference championships this winter in Eblen Center.
“We have a lot of young fans who come to our basketball games, and we wanted to make coming to Eblen Center and supporting our teams become something special for these young fans,” said Mark Wilson, TTU Director of Athletics.
“The goal of the Hoop Troop is to help the next generation of Golden Eagle fans to connect with and learn more about some of their favorite players and teams, while also taking in the values and traditions that Tennessee Tech tries to reflect in all we do,” Wilson said.
The Hoop Troop will be an interactive fan club designed
exclusively for young Tennessee Tech basketball fans. Members of
the Hoop Troop will receive an official membership card and lanyard
and will be admitted into every regular season home game in
2011-12. In addition, members will receive several unique rewards
such as a specially designed Hoop Troop T-shirt and a monthly
Hoop Troop members who wear their shirt to Eblen Center will receive promotional items at selected games. They will have the chance to participate in in-game activities, and to be selected on the TTUsports.com website as the Hoop Troop “Fan of the Month.” Members will have the opportunity to meet the coaches and players, receive a free Golden Eagle basketball poster, and be selected as the “Fan of the Month” on the TTUsports.com website.
Each member who signs up before Nov. 16 will receive a free ticket to the Tennessee Tech football game against Austin Peay on Saturday, Nov. 19.
The cost of a one-year membership is $25. Kids will have the
opportunity to join the Hoop Troop at several community events
around Cookeville during October and November, including youth
basketball sign-ups and games. Membership may also be purchased at
the Athletics Ticket Office in Eblen Center or by calling (931)
For just $25, Hoop Troop membership includes:
- Official membership card and lanyard
- Free Admission to all 28 regular season home games
- Official Hoop Troop T-Shirt
- Hoop Troop monthly E-newsletter full of information about the Golden Eagles
- Chance to participate in special in-game activities
- Opportunity to be selected as an Official Tip-Off Kid at selected basketball games
- Opportunity to be selected and featured on the TTUsports.com website as the Hoop Troop "Fan of the Month"
- Free admission to the Tennessee Tech vs. Austin Peay Football Game on Saturday, November 19
- Opportunity to meet Golden Eagle coaches and players
- Free Golden Eagle basketball poster
- And more!
Young fans are introduced to the tallest Golden
Senior Liam McMorrow (00) and Brittany Darling (44) meet with Brady Swallows and Alya Bostian on the floor of the Eblen Center.